Jesus as a Controversialist
By Nathaniel Haynes, this classic work shows Jesus confronting “touchy” subjects and taking controversial positions during His earthly ministry.
Paperback, 93 pages.
CHAPTER ONE: The Great Teacher.
CHAPTER TWO: Controversies with Wicked Spirits.
- With Satan.
- With Demons.
CHAPTER THREE: Controversies with His Disciples.
- The Sermon on the Mountain.
- Unready Disciples.
- The Littleness of Their Faith.
- Feeding the Multitude.
- The Leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees and of Herod.
- Mistaken Conceptions of His Vicarious Sufferings and Death.
- Personal Ambition.
- Narrow Exclusiveness or Sectarian Spirit.
- Forgiveness among Brethren
- The Proper Treatment of an Inhospitable Samaritan Village.
- Martha’s Over-Anxiety about Her Domestic Cares.
- The Cause of the Blindness of a Certain Man.
- Incidents Connected with the Recall of Lazarus from Death.
- Blessing Little Children.
- Material Riches.
- Human Greatness.
- His Deeds of Mercy.
- Expressions of Love for the Master.
- The Stability of the Temple.
- With Peter.
CHAPTER FOUR: Controversies with Representatives of the Several Parties among the Jews and Their Officials.
- His Authority.
- The Observance of the Mosaic Sabbath.
- The Religious Provincialism of the Jews.
- His Alleged League with Satan.
- A Sign from Heaven.
- The Prevalent Hypocrisy of the Scribes and Pharisees.
- His Social Conduct.
- The Bread of Life.
- The Traditions of the Elders.
- His Superior Knowledge.
- The Right Treatment of an Adulteress.
- The Light of the World.
- Paying Taxes to the Roman Government.
- The Resurrection of the Dead.
- The Great Commandment of the Law.
- His Lordship.
- His Divine Sonship.
CHAPTER FIVE: Controversies with Various Other People.
- A Woman of Samaria.
- His Neighbors at Nazareth.
- Certain Cities about their Gross Materialism and Unbelief.
- The Obligations of Kinship.
- A Certain Woman Relative to the Blessedness of Mary.
- About the Division of an Inheritance.
- Calamities and Judgments.
- Professional Mourners,
- A Lawyer’s Inquiry about Eternal Life.
- A Superior Young Man about Our Lord’s Claims upon Him.
- Governor Pilate about the Kingship of Jesus.
NEW Does It Belong in the New Testament? by Rod Ross. Dismiss