The Alabama Restoration Journal brought together some of the greatest scholars and enthusiasts of the Restoration Movement into one place. Brethren from across the church of Christ (both “mainstream” and “non-institutional”) joined forces to tell the history of the Restoration Movement (sometimes called the Stone-Campbell Movement) in and around Alabama. In the 438 pages of Volume 1, containing the first three years of the Journal, you’ll find articles about J.W. McGarvey, Alexander Campbell, F.B. Srygley, Barton W. Stone, Tolbert Fanning, and many more.
- Earl Kimbrough (author of Warrior from Rock Creek: The Life, Times, and Thought of F.B. Srygley, Long Legs and Short Breeches: 100 Restoration Movement Vignettes, A Preacher’s Anthology: Random Memories, and several others)
- Scott Harp (Author of Sage of Jasper: Gus Nichols – A Biography)
- Larry Whitehead
- Hugh Fulford (Regular contributor to The Spiritual Sword, author of The Lord Has Been Mindful of Me)
- C. Wayne Kilpatrick (Author of J.R. Bradley: A Forgotten Larimore Boy)
- Frank Richey
- Hoyt Houchen (Author of Sermons Inside and Out)
- and many others.
Each issue features a cover painting by Earl Kimbrough (see his Great Christians: Paintings of Restoration Movement Leaders, Locations, and Events)
Hardcover, 438 pages.
There are no reviews yet.